Knowing SEO – search engine optimization – is the crucial element for you to have a proper positioning of your website. That is why today, we will show you relevant aspects that you need to know about the term known as SEO on-page.
Which are the best SEO practices – SEO on page
SEO on-page is just about the set of internal elements that will influence the positioning of your website. Being internal factors means that the improvement or change of these elements will depend on you and nobody else.
There are certain internal factors of your website that Google takes into account to assess its positioning and quality on the web. When analyzing SEO variables on a page, you tell Google what the purpose of your website is.
To achieve a relevant positioning, you should not only take into account the links, but also a web page with quality content and a compelling structure. With the analysis of these variables, you will become visible on the network. So that way, Google will take your content into account.
Google evaluates certain variables to classify the web sites that are on the network. In this way, the search engine provides an answer to the needs of the users.
It is so essential that you have clear all these variables that Google analyzes to obtain a good position in the ranking. So the search engine will indicate to users that you have a website with useful content and quality for their search.
Internal factors that Google evaluate for SEO page
When it comes the time to establish your strategy to achieve an excellent positioning in the network, you must take into account certain factors to handle. Before that, you must make sure that your page is indexed by Google.
If the website is not indexed, you will not appear in the search results. That is why this element is of utmost importance in the SEO On page.
For your page to appear in Google search results, this search engine has to rank it. This work is done by Google through automated programs, which are responsible for reading, extracting, and archiving content on pages.
You can verify that your website is indexed using the command site: Http(s): //yourdomain.com (.org, net, etc…) in the browser or directly on Google search bar. To see if the number of results corresponds or is similar to the total number of internal pages of your website.
Once this step is done, it is time to create quality content with a consistent structure. This factor is essential in SEO strategies. Some elements to consider are the following:
1. Diversity of keywords on your website
With this factor, you should look at the content that you offer on your website. Make sure of showing diversity in keywords, and these must have a coherent relationship with each other.
The keywords that you use should maintain a close bond with the content you are showing. In this way, Google will give a better treatment to your website when ranking it; since it will look for related concepts that can add value to the user’s search.
Pay special attention to the total number of keywords you use. You should use them in moderation and respecting the logic of the content. Don’t show content full of meaningless keywords.
2. Boost of title and description
Each article you show must have a title and description that generate visual impact. Not only so that Google can interpret your content and position it, but also be attractive to the users when they are searching.
To boost your article, you have to consider these factors:
- Include the main keyword in the title
- Use capital letters in the title to get attention.
- The title must have a maximum of 70 characters.
- Uniquely show original titles.
- For descriptions, make a balance between the main keyword and the use of secondary keywords concerning each other.
- Use phrases or expressions that captivate the user.
3. URL address
The URL address of your website plays an essential role in SEO on-page. This not only reinforces the way you show the theme you handle. Nowadays, many users look at the URLs to make decisions in their searches.
If the URL address you use seems suspicious or does not correctly describe the title you are indicating, you will not be reliable for the users. In other words, you can lose the opportunity to increase the number of visits.
This section indicates to Google, which parts of the content are the most relevant. The headings are part of the internal page layout.
These are indicated by HTML tags. Where the higher the tag number is, the smaller its scale will be within the hierarchy. You can use the headings as follows:
- H1: use only one. This is not to be used in the content. It is your post title by default.
- H2: you can use more than one. In this case, it has to be related to the name and the entries. If you are inside one entry, you can use it as a strategic mode for the main keywords.
- H3: you can use more than one. It must correspond with the widget’s titles of the blog or website. In case you are inside of an entry, you can use it to indicate secondary keywords.
5. Images optimization
Another element that should enhance your content are the images. Surely you put many pictures on your website but, do you know how Google processes them?
At this point, Google is not able to read the image you are placing. That is why you have to make things a bit easier, for this task, you must use HTML tags which you indicate the existing relation between what you show in the text.
Another alternative is to use legends in the images. It is a more descriptive way of displaying images in your content. With this alternative, you have to take into account the optimization of the image size so you can prevent the site loading speed from decreasing.
6. Internal links
The control of these links is yours, so you can change it or improve it at any time. By enhancing these links, you will be able to reinforce the relevance of the theme of your content.
You also will improve user interaction and understanding when entering your website. Search engines take into account the number of internal links you manage to determine the relative importance between one page and another on the network.
To improve these links consider the following recommendations:
- Link your internal pages by handling keywords in the anchor text.
- Just create links to pages that are related to the subject of each article that you show.
- Menus are the visible structure of your website. The one link which represents the main menu must give access to categories and sections.
7. The loading speed of the website
When a website takes a long time to load, it generates annoyance to the users, and this will be a problem for you, because you may reduce the visits on your site. For this situation, Google can detect when to classify and to position the website.
That is why you must take care of the optimization of the code and the quality of the images. This way, the page will load faster, and the users will not have setbacks.
Advantages of SEO optimization
Indicate what the content of your page is about
By improving the internal factors of your website, it tells the search engines what the central theme you develop on the site is. With this step, when some user makes a search related to your content Google takes you into account within the search.
Show the domain authority to the searches
This value is a factor used by search engines to know if a website is reliable or not for the users. This value has confidential information that only the search engines can handle.
If you have a good website structure and an optimized internal link, you will make it easier for the search process to appear on the top of the Google results list.
- SEO on-page refers to the optimization of internal factors, so you have the control to do so.
- Review and analyze each factor and find the way that best suits your needs to enhance your website.
- To obtain a proper positioning in the search engines, remember to maintain quality content and a logical structure that is consistent with the theme you develop.
- Optimizing internal links will not only show the potential of your content but also improves user interaction on the website.
- Do not stay only with these tips. Everything is in practice, and the strategy you propose to improve your positioning in the network.
Take advantage of SEO on-page and create quality content for everyone!